Notes & Life Group Questions 1-19-20 (PDF)
Notes & Life Group Questions 1-19-20 (WORD)
Christians have been given the ministry of reconciliation.
2 Corinthians 5:18-20
There is no Hebrew word for coincidence. Everything happens under the sovereignty of God.
At a time where everyone did what was right in their own eyes (Judges 21:25) Boaz does what is right in the Lords eyes.
We treat and view people 3 different ways:
Scenery – People are in the background of my life. maybe be nice to look at, it may provide “good” conversation.
Machinery- People’s role is to do things for me. We care only what we need to in order to ensure our desired good continues.
People – All people have dignity, value, and worth because they have been made in the image of God. We care for others, love others, and serve others because Christ first loved us.
Boaz lives in response to God and his character shows God’s character to all.
Quoted: 2 Corinthians 5:18-20. Numbers 25:1,2. Ruth 2.
Referenced: 1 Kings 11:7. Leviticus 25. 2 Corinthians 12:20.
Are you sadder the holidays are over or excited they are over?
In the message this week, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
Share your stories with each other.
A few Story Prompts:
– If married, what is the biggest obstacle you two have overcome together? (talk to your spouse before you share this one with the group)
– Ever been laid off or fired? What did you do next?
– Ever taken a child to the hospital? Has your child had cancer or an illness of some kind?
– What have you learned the hard way?
– Have you learned to trust God? How did he cultivate that trust?
– Have you learned to truth other people? How did that grow?
– Have you learned to be honest, venerable, authentic?
– Do you see any themes in your life?
Seasons of joy, suffering, or simply struggle.
– What has been your lowest low?
– What has been your highest high?
Tell the journey between that low and that high.
Where did you see Jesus in this?
Who do you treat like the scenery or machinery of life? How do start treating that person more like a person?
Who has God brought into your life for you to be a Boaz to? (not get married to, but to show God’s love through the way you treat them)
Monday – Thursday:
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
812 Central St SE
Olympia, WA 98501