Notes Blessing Made Visible 1/24/21 Ephesians: God Made Visible – Week 2
What does it mean to be blessed?
Berakhah prayer describes God as the source of all blessing.
Paul defines spritiual blessing in Ephesians 1:4-14
We easily fall into living with the immediate in mind instead of the eternal.
“This is the work of God—that you believe in the one He has sent.”
Scripture references: Ephesians 1:3, Psalm 103:1, Psalm 145:1, Matthew 26:26, John 6:28-29
Life Grp Q’s Blessing Made Visible 01/24/21 Ephesians: God Made Visible – Week 2
(A) How does our culture define blessing? Give some examples of where you see this demonstrated in our culture. (B) Describe a time when you felt “blessed” by God. (C) How have you defined or described what blessing means before this sermon?
• What stood out to you from this week’s sermon? Anything challenging, unclear, or particularly helpful to you?
• Have you read/listened to Ephesians at least once this week? Any observations or thoughts from doing that? How is your memorization of Eph. 1:3 going?
Going Deeper: Read Ephesians 1:3 together
• What does it mean to “bless God?” (B) How does the phrase “blessed is God” magnify who God is in and of Himself?
• Regarding this phrase, what is the most significant point you take away from Pastor James’ teaching?
• How & why does this verse move you to praise God?
• Read Psalm 103:1; 145:1 – How does opening your prayers with blessing God impact your prayers (i.e. what you pray for, why you pray, what you hope to get out of prayer, etc.)?
• What is difficult or uncomfortable to you about blessing God?
Prayer: Spend time as a Life Group praying and blessing God for all of who He is.
• Try to start your prayers this week by blessing God.
• Continue memorizing Ephesians 1:3. *Set a goal for when your LG will recite this verse together and post it to #nbccBibleBinge
• Try to read or listen through this book at least one time before next Sunday.