Notes & Life Group Questions 11-1-20
The problem is not time, but priorities.
Rejoicing and lamenting take time, an intentional pause.
Life is not found in creation, it is given from Creator.
God proves He is trustworthy and loving by meeting daily with His people.
Pausing to pursue God grounds us in the gospel and truth that He is sovereign.
“Here I am Lord”
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4
Quoted Verses: Exodus 16:19-20. Matthew 6:31-34. Philippians 4:4-7.
Verses Referenced: Psalms 77. Mark 1:35. Mark 6:45-52. Matthew 6:9-14.
Life Grp Q’s
All of Me – Wk. #8
No shame here, what is your average phone screen time? If it isn’t your phone, what is something that quietly consumes much of your time?
• How did it go this past week as you applied last week’s sermon? What can we celebrate? What can we pray about?
• What stood out to you about this week’s sermon?
• What is the biggest obstacle for you personally to delight in God daily (i.e. don’t know what to do, don’t know when to do it, etc.)?
• Read Mark 1:35; Mark 6:45-46 – What do you observe about Jesus’ priority on spending time connecting to God the Father?
• Read Romans 12:2 – How does this verse relate with the invitation to delight in God and our personal transformation?
• Discuss: What are some practical ways that you do (and/or we can) turn our attention to God throughout the day as it pertains to:
• Slowing down
• Reading the Bible
• Spending time in prayer (including time to listen to God)
Individual application: What is one action step you can take this week?
Prayer: Spend time delighting in God together by praising and thanking God for the big and small. Pray in response to the application steps you will be taking this week.
Pray by name for those in your life who need Jesus.
Monday – Thursday:
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
812 Central St SE
Olympia, WA 98501