The Emotionally Healthy series books have been foundational in the formation and preparation of this sermon.
Life Group Q’s Braking Before Breaking 11/15/20 All of Me – Wk. #10
If you could have any one superpower, what would it be and why?
• Did you try a Sabbath this past week? How did you prep? How did it go?
• What stood out to you about this week’s sermon? Were there any limits that Pastor Mark spoke of that resonated with you?
• Brainstorm together other kinds of limits we face. (i.e. money (tithing), age/health, season of life, family, spiritual gifts/abilities)
• What is one big limit that God has placed in front of you? What might God be trying to teach you through that? How would God want you to respond to this limit?
• Can you find at least one example in Scripture of limits people faced? What was God teaching in that situation?
• There are times for miraculous moves of God that go beyond our Godgiven limits. Describe a time in Scripture when this happened. Have you ever had that happen in your life? Tell us about that.
• How is God’s grace displayed through limitations and how do these point us to Jesus?
• Individual: What will it look like for you to embrace your limits this week? Is there anything we can pray for you about and/or hold you accountable to?
• Life Group: How does knowing your limits (and your gifts) impact how we “love one another” and function as a life group in community? Are there ways that we can grow closer in community through this?
Prayer Pray and ask God how He sees the limits in your life. Pray in response to what was shared in group.