Notes & Life Group Questions 11-08-20
All of Me – Wk. #9
1) Sabbath is about re-training __________________________________________
• In Sabbath, God is re-training our hearts to trust Him for our _______________ and ______________________.
• In Sabbath, God is re-training our hearts to trust Him as our _______________.
2) Sabbath is about remembering _______________________________________.
• In Sabbath, God is ___________________________________________________.
3) How do we Sabbath in a way that gets at God’s intended purposes?
Choose & commit to 1 day/week to _________________________________________
Make deliberate plans for how you’ll use your Sabbath by asking:
• Does how I’m planning this day bring me ___________________________ my life around God?
• What ___________________________ turn my heart & mind toward God?
• What ___________________ brings joy & attention to God’s gifts in my life?
• What ___________________ breathe life into, & remind me what life is about?
• What do I need to buy, finish, or prepare to be _______________________?
____________________ & _____________________
Mark 2 :27-28 ; Exodus 5:6-18; 6:5-8; 20:8-11; Deuteronomy 5:12-15 ; Hebrews 4 :1-11
Life Group Q’s
All of Me – Wk. #9
What is your favorite way to use your personal “free-time?”
• How did it go this past week as you applied last week’s sermon? What can we celebrate? What can we pray about?
• Which aspect of this week’s sermon did you connect with and why? Any particular Scriptures that stood out to you?
• What is your personal experience with Sabbath? What were your thoughts about Sabbath before this sermon? Have any of those changed after the sermon?
• What are life-giving activities that you use to help you rest & re-orient on Sabbath? For any “non-spiritual” activities, how do you keep them from diverting you away from Sabbath purposes?
• If you are married, how do you handle your different needs and approaches to Sabbath? (i.e. compromise, serve one-another’s needs, case-by-case?)
• What are the hardest things for you to say no to when you Sabbath? How do you handle this?
• Bonus question 🙂 – How does your interaction with Sabbath help you to live on mission the other days of the week?
Individual application: What is one action step you can this next week to Sabbath better? Share this with your group.
Prayer: Spend time in prayer: Confess finding value/worth in anything outside of God. Thank God for freedom in Christ. Ask for wisdom in planning your Sabbath.
Pray by name for those in your life who need Jesus.
Monday – Thursday:
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
812 Central St SE
Olympia, WA 98501