Notes & Life Group Questions 9-22-19 (WORD)
Notes & Life Group Questions 9-22-19 (PDF)
“5 G’s. Generosity”
We all have values.
Values should drive behavior.
–God does not need us or “our” money
Acts 17:24-25 Ps 50:10-12
-The relationship God sets up with us is Father and child, it’s one of deep desire, not necessity.
-God is not “richer” because we are generous, rather God is glorified in our generosity.
It’s not about what you give, but how you give
-We often don’t trust God to keep his promises and provide.
Quoted: Mk 12:41-44. Acts 17:24-25. Ps 50:10-12. Rm 8:8. Mk 10:21-22. Mt 6:21
Referenced: Eph 1:5. Matt 6:9. John 3:16. Matt 7:11. 1 Cor 5:21.
Life Grp Q’s
‘5th G: Generosity’
• What was the best part of your week?
• As a kid how did your parents teach you about money?
In the message this week, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
• Do you relate more to the poor widow (Mk 12:41-44) or rich young ruler (Mk 10:17-22)?
• What challenges would you have to overcome if Jesus told you to sell everything you had and give all the processed to the poor?
• How do you determine what you give and where you give it?
• What role does faith play in that decision?
• Read Matt 6:19-24. Honestly… where is your treasure?
• Is there any area in which the Holy Spirit is leading you to be more generous?
Monday – Thursday:
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
812 Central St SE
Olympia, WA 98501