Notes 12-29-19 (WORD)
Notes 12-29-19 (PDF)
Hope for the Future
2 Corinthians 12:8-10
•Over-estimating the short run and under-estimating the long run
•”The Consistency Effect” Zechariah 4:10, Galatians 6:9
-Small things done consistently, over time, lead to big things.
-One thing, one word
“Keystone Habits” Charles Duhigg
•How do we find strength? 2 Corinthians 12:8-10
1- Admit weakness
2- Receive grace
We will never believe God’s grace is sufficient until we believe that we are insufficient.
3- Take joy Romans 8:18
•The progressive role of reflection
“The Power of Habit,” by Charles Duhigg
A few good questions for reflection on this past year:
• What am I grateful for?
• What did I learn this year?
• Am I closer to God today than I was at this time last year?
• Who are those three friends whom I will let into my life next year?
• Am I open to God’s will for my life, even if He takes me in a radically different direction? Even if he takes me out of my comfort zone?
• Think back on events you participated in with your family, friends, and grandkids. Reread thank you notes you’ve received.
• Ask God to help you press meaning into these questions. “What did you teach me, Lord? What do I still need to learn”?
• Ask God to give you a ‘word’ for next year . . . right now . . . while this year is fresh and still front and center.
Monday – Thursday:
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
812 Central St SE
Olympia, WA 98501