Notes & Life Group Questions 10-27-19 (PDF)
Notes & Life Group Questions 10-27-19 (WORD)
Fear of God
Fear has authority in our life.
Who has ultimate authority in your life?
Living in fear of man is direct rebellion to Christ. Matthew 6:25-35
God sometimes gives people over to the desires of a wicked heart. Romans 1:28-31
The fear of God comes from the fact that an All-Powerful God draws us near to him and works in our life. Philippians 2:12-13
To live under the authority of Christ is living fully in the light, and unafraid of others because we are fully known and still loved. Matthew 10:26-31
Matt 6:25-34. Rms 1:21-24,28-31. Phil 2:12-13. Matt 7:21-23. Matt 10:26-30.
1 Cor 11:30. Rm 1:25. Rm 8:39. Gen 1:3. Job 38:4. Heb 8:8-12. 1 John 1:5-10.
Life Grp Q’s
Fear of God
• Which of your fears is more emotional than logical?
• In the message this week, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
• What do you think about when you think of authority?
• To what extent do you agree that fears have authority in our lives.
• Who/what have you given authority in your life to?
• When has God delivered you over to the desires of your own heart? (Romans 1:21-30)
– What did that look like?
– Are you still there?
• Read Ephesians 5:8-14. What does it look like for you to live in the light?
– What is scariest about fully living in the light?
• How can this group help you live submitted to the authority of Christ?
Tuesday – Friday:
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
812 Central St SE
Olympia, WA 98501